Thursday, 5 December 2013

Experimenting with Contemporary Elizabethan shapes.

This week we were asked to create a contemporary Elizabethan hair with the use of different techniques that we have learnt over the past few weeks.

I have chosen to crimp the entire head, this gives a lot of volume, since my model for the day had thin hair, this really helped. I feel that the texture of crimps has a more contemporary feel however; an Elizabethan shape still remains.
                                                         
To create this look I used the following tools:

Hair crimps
Sectioning clips
Hairbrush
Sectioning comb
Hairgrips
Hairspray
Heat protectant
1 x large padding
1 x small padding

I followed the following procedure:


  1. Hair consultation. The consultation revealed that Amy had thin colour damaged hair, which was a little dry. Therefore a lower heat setting was used on the crimps. Heat protectant was also used before heat was applied to the hair.
  2. Heat protectant applied to hair
  3. Hair brushed thoroughly to rid of knots and tangles
  4. Hair is sectioned
  5. Lowest sections are crimped first leading up to the top of head.
  6. Hair brushed through slightly, loosening crimps, creating more volume.
  7. Hair sectioned into two sections, a top section and a lower section.
  8. Using a large piece of padding, I rolled the hair around it creating a ridge at the top of the head and secured it into place with pins.
  9. Taking the lower section, I used a smaller piece of padding and rolled the hair upwards. I also secured this with pins. 
  10. Lastly I rearranged the hair, brushing it and applying hairspray to make sure none of the padding is visible through the hair.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment